(20)12 Summer Budget Friendly Fashion Trends
Consider yourself a laggard when it comes to adopting new trends? Don’t sweat off your SPF 30. We’ve gone ahead and done the dirty work for you. We squatted on 5th Ave, went through stacks of Vogues, and even got carpal tunnel while rummaging through clothing racks. Well, not really, but we did do our fair share of research to bring you our top 12 picks for summer fashion trends. And these looks won’t make a dent on your debit card.
12. The Bohemian. This hippie-inspired look continues to be on trend. Lacey shirts, in particular, are taking up some retail real estate. Snag this blouse from Urban Outfitters.
11. Retro. The 50s, greaser look has resurfaced. At least when it comes to shades that is. Snag these retro-wayfarers from Target for just $12.99.
10. Be Bright. Be Bold. Unless you’ve been hiding in your closet for the past few seasons, you must have noticed the Ladies sporting very bold and bright colored pants. Snag these cropped orange legging jeans at the Gap.
9. Large Hats. With the Summer humidity, skip the straightener and blow dryer and hide behind this floppy striped sun hat from Urban Outfitters.
8. Put a Bird on It. Thanks Portlandia for calling out the bird fashion phenomenon. The vintage inspired ModCloth is selling this lovely number.
7. Nautical. The nautical look will always remain a classic. Snag this shoreline friendly look at ModCloth.
6. Dynasty Look. Add some shoulder pads and this androgynous jacket adds the edge you need to a feminine outfit.
5. Sheer Madness. This scandalous, sheer blouse can be quite versatile and incorporated with many of your wardrobe pieces, like tucked into high waisted jeans or shorts. Pick it up for a steal at Modcloth.com
4. Cross-Body Bags. Looking for bags on point for the summer, but don’t want to break the bank? Snatch this trendy one at Target for just 15 bucks.
3. Neon Nails. There is nothing neutral about trends this season. Switch things up with Sephora’s OPI mini Neon Lights set.
2. The One-Piece. Oh, hello Marilyn. No matter what body type you are, this flattering, vintage inspired one-piece will get you some glances on the shore.
1. Summer Showers. Yes, it does occasionally downpour in extreme temperatures, so why not sport a cutesy umbrella. This big fish can also be purchased at Modcloth.com.